Cory Cats

rholden11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Quick question on feeding Cory's:

I bought them shrimp pellets and I have 6 corys in my 45 gallon, do I put 6 pellets in or more? How many times a day should I feed them?

amydeb

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I feed mine twice a day along with my other fish. They get shrimp pellets (3 or 4) among the 7 cories in my tank. They are really good scavengers and will also get any flakes that the fish miss (believe me, mine are looking quite round!). Once per week, I feed the whole tank blood worms and/or brine shrimp, which they love!

rholden11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
amydeb said:
I feed mine twice a day along with my other fish. They get shrimp pellets (3 or 4) among the 7 cories in my tank. They are really good scavengers and will also get any flakes that the fish miss (believe me, mine are looking quite round!). Once per week, I feed the whole tank blood worms and/or brine shrimp, which they love!
Ok great! I'll cut it back to 3-4 pellets. Thanks

Emtbreid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My corys only get the flakes that hit the bottom, and I have the bottom feeder shrimp pellets from API. Do you give them pellets every day, every other day? I'm cycling my tank right now so in purposely trying to underfeed... As such, very little is going to the bottom flake wise. For 3 peppered corys, would 2-3 pellets once a day be good, or should I go every other day?

JoelTRG

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I would probably go with 2-3 and maybe add some variety such as blood worms the cories love variety.
-Joel

amydeb

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I feed bloodworms and/or brine shrimp once per week. Though, I'm not sure how many brine shrimp ever hit the bottom because of the other fish. lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom