Cory Cats with Guppies?

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Technically, yes, they'd be fine together but a 10g is too small for a group of corys. Some here even suggest that a 10g would be too small for even Pygmy corys because they need to be in a large group.

You could easily do some dwarf shrimp, though.

-Lisa

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In the tank that you have there are not any corys that can live and be happy in that tank, all of the corys are happiest in a group of 6 or more and most types get relatively large for the size they are sold at pet stores.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Imo, C. pygmaeus or C. habrosus or Corydoras hastatus would be fine in a 10g. with a few guppies. They don't get over 1.5 inches. Their bio-load is relatively small.

Last edited:

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have two corys in my 20 gallon with six guppies, a 10 gallon you will have to cut down to possibly 3 guppies, 2 females and one male, because the corys need to be in a small group.

gnatboy911

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
thanks for all of the replies...they reason i'm asking is that i recently had my first batch of guppy fry and was going to put some of them in a separate tank, and thought some cory cats would be cool to have since i don't have any of those. i'm not completely sure of the tank size...its one of those Walmart specials...maybe its a 15? not sure.

anyways, i'll try to post some fry pics soon!

Gnatboy911

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom