Cory Cats with Guppies?

gnatboy911

would it be safe to put a few cory cats in with some guppies? the tank is a 10 gallon.

thanks.
Gnatboy911

Kunsthure

Technically, yes, they'd be fine together but a 10 gallon is too small for a group of corys. Some here even suggest that a 10 gallon would be too small for even Pygmy corys because they need to be in a large group.

You could easily do some dwarf shrimp, though.

-Lisa

e_watson09

In the tank that you have there are not any corys that can live and be happy in that tank, all of the corys are happiest in a group of 6 or more and most types get relatively large for the size they are sold at pet stores.

Lucy

Imo, C. pygmaeus or C. habrosus or Corydoras hastatus would be fine in a 10g. with a few guppies. They don't get over 1.5 inches. Their bio-load is relatively small.

Aquagirl1978

I have two corys in my 20 gallon with six guppies, a 10 gallon you will have to cut down to possibly 3 guppies, 2 females and one male, because the corys need to be in a small group.

gnatboy911

thanks for all of the replies...they reason i'm asking is that I recently had my first batch of guppy fry and was going to put some of them in a separate tank, and thought some cory cats would be cool to have since I don't have any of those. i'm not completely sure of the tank size...its one of those Walmart specials...maybe its a 15? not sure.

anyways, I'll try to post some fry pics soon!

Gnatboy911

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom