Cory Cats Vs. Snails - The Algae Wafer Battle

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Treefork, Apr 16, 2010.

1. TreeforkWell Known MemberMember

Ok it's not quite as dramatic as that, but here's my Cories and my Mysteries tussling over algae wafers. The Mystery Snails strategy is to cover as much of the wafer as they can while the Corydoras nibble as fast as they can. :)

Attached Files:

2. LucyModeratorModerator Member

lol Cute!

3. FLGirlWell Known MemberMember

lol! Great pic! :)

4. raptorsvt79Well Known MemberMember

thats awsome....my corys usually get to the wafer first and the snail keeps the leftovers...

5. TreeforkWell Known MemberMember

My snails are pretty fast. They seem to sense the food drop as soon as it goes in. :)

6. Pleco-Owner123New MemberMember

Cute corys and snails!

7. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

I wondered about that! I can put food or fresh veggies in the tank and by the time it settles there are several snails on it.
    carol

8. RhanWell Known MemberMember

Gorgeous! The snails and the cories! :D My mystery snail has the same tactic ;) He's gotten a lot bigger since I bought him, and now he came fully cover an algae wafer by wrapping himself around it hehehe

9. jerilovesfrogsFishlore VIPMember

sometimes my snails do that haha. i usually break one wafer in half and drop it in different spots so there is not such a fight for one.

10. mizzoufan96Valued MemberMember

hahah awesome!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice