Cory Cats Lay Eggs

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by reeced, Apr 18, 2019.

1. reecedNew MemberMember

My cory cat fish layed her on sunday 14th april and i put them in smaller tank so they won't get eaten and they sill anit hacked any ideas why ? 20190418_153818.jpg

2. FishGirl38Well Known MemberMember

Well, I dont have a for sure answer, but for most fish who lay eggs. The eggs after laying should have constant water flowing over and between them. I've had convicts breed like mad. Convicts protect their eggs, I don't think corydora dooo, but I'm sure the same water flow rule applies. My female convicts will stay by their nests and 'fan' the eggs with their fins. They'll 'swim' in place to create a slight current over the eggs every now and again. They do this to keep the eggs oxygenated, as well as prevent fungas from growing on them. I'd say the problem would be that they're not in a tumbler, or dont have enough water flowing by them.

Look up an egg rocker, or an egg tumbler. I've found a youtube video done by a youtuber named Jadren Aquatics that talks about hatching corydora eggs. Hes talking about how he used to move them into another container like you've done here but didn't have much success with. (I'd post the link here for you to follow but it's against forum policy).

3. reecedNew MemberMember

Ive had a look on you tube my self and they said move them aswell and it take between 3-5 days for them to hacked

Thanks for your help

4. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Yes 4-5 days are when my Cory eggs hatch... matter of fact I took some outta my 20 four days ago and am now just seein a couple wigglers... I have them in a 5.5 with 2 sponge filters running good luck!!

5. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Did you have males in with the female?

6. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Yes one tank my 55 has 6 mixed (male female) pepper Cory’s and my 20 long has 6 mixed green Cory’s and they have both left eggs on the glass ... I have 4 albino in my 10 but have yet to see eggs from them yet... I may up their number to 6 soon also

7. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Oh I mean OP, lol

8. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Hahahahaha sorry