Cory Cats Keep Dying Within Month Or Two?

Shoryuken_Shubunkin

Reaction score
Every time I get one they die within a month or two, I've tried specialized diets, separating them, even feeding them algae pellets which they were uninterested in completely so I'm not sure, even my go to fish guy who knows just about everything has problems with his corys.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Specialized diets as ?
Shoryuken_Shubunkin said:
Quite honestly I'm not sure

when it comes to cory cats. Every time I get one they die within a month or two, I've tried specialized diets, separating them, even feeding them algae pellets which they were uninterested in completely so I'm not sure, even my go to fish guy who knows just about everything has problems with his corys.

Shoryuken_Shubunkin

Reaction score
DoubleDutch said:
Specialized diets as ?
I tried feeding them glass worms, blood worms and baby shrimp. I also tried feeding them with a release tube in case the other fish were getting to the food first. They did a bit better after that but they still didn't make it very long.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Shoryuken_Shubunkin said:
I tried feeding them glass worms, blood worms and baby shrimp. I also tried feeding them with a release tube in case the other fish were getting to the food first. They did a bit better after that but they still didn't make it very long.
They are not algae eaters, they need a protien based diet, live foods only go so far, I would get a good omega one of tetramin shrimp pellet (I use wardley and foods I mix up) to feed them most often, even my wild caughts eat the food I offer.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom