Cory Catfish Struggling to live, suggestions to Euthanize?

1. DrBubbles Initiate Member

So last night my cory flipped on its side, and was acting weird not normal, i did a 20% water change and went to bed( 11 pm) when i woke up he was upside down breathing slowly, i don't think i can do anything about it and doesn't look like he's going to make it, everyone else in tank is fine water conditions normal, should i suggest euthanizing?:(:(:(:( i really don't want him to die he was my 2nd fish and his name is ringo after ringo starr from the beatles :(

2. Bettaperfection Initiate Member

If you wish to euthanize him put him in a cup with 4-5 drops of Clove oil! It is the best way

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

It doesn't sound good, without seeing a pic I don't know what it could be or if there's anything you can do

4. DrBubbles Initiate Member

5. Bettaperfection Initiate Member

Hmmm....I hear putting some ice cubes in works to....it's very painful to the fish though :(

6. DrBubbles Initiate Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as we were speaking he died! Sniff, he was my best friend , ugh he was so beautiful I'm crying right now , guys I'm going to bury him in the yard so do I bury the body itself or just the fish alone

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. mg13 Well Known Member Member

so sad!!
    I'm so sorry!!!!!!

8. DrBubbles Initiate Member

Thanks man

9. DrBubbles Initiate Member

I hope he has a good time in the ocean of the sky

10. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Sorry you lost him :(

11. Bettaperfection Initiate Member

I'm so sorry :( SIP

12. mg13 Well Known Member Member

at least he's not suffering any more... and you wouldn't be the one to euthanize him...

:'(

13. DrBubbles Initiate Member

I'm crying so much right now thanks guys

14. nhaiflich Member Member

So sorry! It's never easy... but this poem helps me. I like to think there's one gigantic tank next to the meadow. Where ALL fish can hang out. Regardless of what had to be here on earth. So they get to make all kinds of new friends waiting for us

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

15. DrBubbles Initiate Member

Wow thank you

16. bescher Member Member

I have that poem in a picture frame next to my first two cats who died in 2009 and 2012 both were rescues and both were 18 years old and I had them since they were 7 weeks old. Yes they were cremated and they were special isn't all of our animal friends including our fish