Cory Catfish Nocturnal?

WacklieCacklie
I've got 6 peppered cories and they're very inactive during the daytime. They just hide under the driftwood all day, they shuffle around a bit but not much. For some reason they're very active at night. I thought that they were diurnal so I'm kind of confused. Other than them acting nocturnal their behavior is normal. They swim about all together and are eager eaters.
The water parameters are as they should be with ammonia and nitrates at 0 and nitrite at 17. So I'm not sure what's causing this.
Their only tank mates are three guppies and they're active in the daytime.
Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Advertisement
DaleM
I've got 6 peppered cories and they're very inactive during the daytime. They just hide under the driftwood all day, they shuffle around a bit but not much. For some reason they're very active at night. I thought that they were diurnal so I'm kind of confused. Other than them acting nocturnal their behavior is normal. They swim about all together and are eager eaters.
The water parameters are as they should be with ammonia and nitrates at 0 and nitrite at 17. So I'm not sure what's causing this.
Their only tank mates are three guppies and they're active in the daytime.
Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
They are usually more active at night when they are new to the tank and haven't built up their confidence yet, so sounds fine to me. As long as they are eating and aren't showing any other signs of illness

WacklieCacklie
That makes sense, I've had them for about a couple months but I just redid the scaping in the tank. It's completely different, hopefully they'll acclimate to their new surroundings soon though.

DaleM
That makes sense, I've had them for about a couple months but I just redid the scaping in the tank. It's completely different, hopefully they'll acclimate to their new surroundings soon though.
That sounds like it could be it, they just need to build their confidence up a bit. Although I have heard of people with cories that are most active once the lights are out. As long as they are active and eating, that's the main thing

NavigatorBlack
How is the planting of the tank?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mschiff
Replies
Views
mrelva0606
Replies
Views
JJun