Cory cat with velvet

1. ctclee Member Member

OK here goes ... I'm stuck at work on christmas eve I have made a tank for my little girl i plan to give her tomorrow.

I have 4 danios 2 cory's and life plants.

both cory's show velvet only one has become lethargic so i got some medication (hard to find something that doesnt have copper and is ok for scaleless fish ! finally settled on Maracide it says its for ich velvet and other external parasites.

I am to put the medication in on day 1, 3 and 5 .
    It is now day 3 i will put more in tonight but the one that is listless just sits at the bottom and does nothing but breathe heavy . only will move if i actually touch him. is there a good chance that he will pull through? in which case i will still give him to my daughter but if he won't I would rather just not go thought the "dad got me a sick/dead fish for xmas" thing.
    by the way did a water tests before I put in meds and it was within normal cycled tank range.

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That's a tough call. As a parent myself, I understand you not wanting to give your daughter a fish that will die.

If he's not showing a lot of "fight", he may not make it. However, these guys do surprise us sometimes.

Very little activity is not a good sign. Is he eating? If so, that would be a good sign.

I wish I could tell you for sure, but there's really no way to know.

3. ctclee Member Member

no he's not doing anything ...... no eating that i can tell and the other cory visits him alot almost as if to say why are you just laying there ... well I'll monitor him tonight and he might just dissapear before morning :(

Merry Christmas

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Merry Christmas to you, too!

5. ctclee Member Member

down to one cory :(