Cory Cat - White patch on side, please help!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Pleco24, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Pleco24New MemberMember

Hi guys,

I just came back from a 5-day trip to find that one of my cory cats has a white, almost colour-fading like patch on his side. I've tried to upload a pic but it's not letting me (even after resizing) :( It says "Invalid Aquarium Fish Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

EDIT: Photo uploaded successfully

My 20 gallon water parameters are as follows: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate 40-50. I know nitrates are high but this is due to me being away, so I'll do a water change now.

Other tank mates are swimming just fine, and do not look like there's anything wrong with them. These include 5 guppies, 1 platy, 1 cory (the other cory cat has the patch) and 1 bristlenose catfish.

Ph is 7.8 and water temp 26C. Could anybody help me please?
    Thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. LindaMS

LindaMSValued MemberMember

HI Pleco24

I got the same message when uploading an image when I was in the Go Advanced area. When I went back to Quick reply it was all good.

I have had something similar happen with a guppy following a power outage when the tank got cold and filter etc out. Faint patch not as big as yours yet but it is only day two for mine.

3. OP
    OP
    P

Pleco24New MemberMember

Hi Linda, thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear about your guppy. My housemate was feeding the fish whilst I was gone, and there were no power outages at all, so that is out of the question.

Does anyone else have any ideas/recommendations for a cure? Thank you

4. LindaMS

LindaMSValued MemberMember

I have been hunting and my conclusion is Columnaris or Saprolegnia read this and see if it might fit. http:///Columnaris.html

Cheers
    Linda

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice