Cory cat schooling

Xerces

Hello I bought 2 bronze Cory cats a while ago and 1 passed away unexpectedly I assume old age because it was pretty large. Anyway I didn't want my last one to be completely alone so I went to get more but there were no more bronze so I picked up 2 peppered Cory's. Now I'm planning on getting more to have a proper school of 6 or 7 and I've learned that the Cory's in a school need to be the same species/pattern, but even weeks after I'm still struggling to find bronze Cory's so I'm wondering how important is it for the school to all be exactly the same?

Cinabar

Extremely important that they are they same species. Different species won’t recognize and school with each other. They will live of course, and probably do ok, but they won’t be 100% happy.

If you can’t find any bronze, you can add some albino corys, they will most likely be the same species (c. aeneus) just different colors

Upvote 0

Xerces

Extremely important that they are they same species. Different species won’t recognize and school with each other. They will live of course, and probably do ok, but they won’t be 100% happy.

If you can’t find any bronze, you can add some albino corys, they will most likely be the same species (c. aeneus) just different colors
Maybe I can just pick up a couple at a time till I have all 6

Upvote 0

Cinabar

Maybe I can just pick up a couple at a time till I have all 6

Good plan. That’s what I did with mine.

Upvote 0

Mlou

Seriously though, dont worry. Your single bronze cory will be fine with the pepppers. Just be on the lookout for more of the bronze. They are very very common and easy to get.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Mlou
  • Question
Replies
Views
Kass472
  • Question
Replies