Cory Cat is sick?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by dezdude, Apr 4, 2010.

1. d

dezdude Valued Member Member

I bought my fish this way and it seems it may have grown up this way too. Towards its tail, it does an S formation on its spine. also, it is very fat and seems to do a "stoppie" when it is just laying. "it begins to point downwards in the tank"

any ideas on what this may be?

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Dezdude,

Can you elaborate a bit more. I'm not sure what is meant by "stoppie". Does the fish have a curved spine? If you can get a photo of the fish that will be a great help too.

I'm sure you'll get more responses. I hope the fish is going to be ok!

Ken

3. OP
    OP
    d

dezdude Valued Member Member

when i say stoppie, i mean that it's body points head down like this "/" yes, my fish has a curved spine

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for the additional information Dexdude.

I know we have some members that have had fish with curved spines. Let's hold on and see what responses they give you.

Do you know your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, ph?

If you would be so kind as to complete your Aquarium Profile information it will be a great help to others also. You can access the profile by clicking on My Settings in the blue bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box click on Edit Aquarium Information.

Thanks, and again best wishes for your fish!
    Ken

5. REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNA Valued Member Member

Genetic defect common in cory cats we breeders see it now and again.

I keep an orphan tank and endler tank for cories that are born this way. In the tank also are cories missing fins, barbels, blind or missing 1 eye etc. I let them live out there lives in peace but keep them away from my breeding program and will not resell them.

6. Treefork

Treefork Well Known Member Member

I've got any albino c. aeneus with a curved spine. He swims a little odd but he gets along just fine. He's about 3 years old at least.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice