Cory Cat Id

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by mrdilling, Apr 17, 2018.

1. m

mrdilling Valued Member Member

Hey everybody, I have a lil tiny cory cat that I am unable to id and was hoping you guys could help. I know its a julii, but I can't tell if its a true julii or a false julii. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

I want to say it's a Sterba's corydora

3. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

My money is on a julii. This is because of the thicker lines on the head. The three stripe corydoras has thinner lines

4. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

can't be a sterba, sterba's lack the black dorsel spot and the markings.

5. MikeRad89

MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

C. trilineatus

6. C

Coptapia Valued Member Member

Trilineatus, which is not julii lol.

7. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

True julii don't come in often and if they do you will be paying an arm or leg for them, they are rare to find, specially in just about any pet store that doesn't specialize in cories.
    Petco, petsmart, most mom and pop shops may call them julii but they are in fact C. trilineatus.

8. OP
    OP
    m

mrdilling Valued Member Member

Well now I feel like a dope, lol. Sorry about that, and thank you everyone for the help

9. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

All good, we ask questions to make sure, it is a good way to make sure you aren't confused over what fish you got from someplace.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice