Cory cat eggs and new sword tails!

1. kingguppy9000 Member Member

Just watched a cory cat lay her eggs, it was kinda neat.

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Congrats on the eggs it's always fascinating to watch them spawning :)

3. oldsalt777 Well Known Member Member

Hello king...

You'll have to keep the other fish and snails too, from having them for lunch. Cory eggs are very nutritious. I get maybe one in 10 to hatch. The others in the tank take the rest.

Old

4. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

Kingguppy9000 how were you able to successfully breed your corys? Photos of the eggs? Lol

5. sheenalee Member Member

If you want to try and raise the Cory eggs I'd move them to either their own tank or a floating Container with an air stone. My corys are laying their eggs as I type and my pearl gourami is eating them as soon as their done laying them.

6. kingguppy9000 Member Member

I already to put the plants in a baby cage in my nursery tank. I didn't do anything, I've had them for a year or so, maybe more. I had to grey ones, and it was ok. Then last week I got 5 more albino small ones, then yesterday I was just chilling being baked, and I saw them doing that strange belly rub thing. Wasn't sure if she was fat or pregbant, but now I know.

If any hatch I wonder how they will look, they are two separate types of cory cats.

1466000399319.jpg
    You can see a few eggs on the top leaf 1466000445171.jpg
    Here is the daddy. 1466000461289.jpg
    And here is the momma.

As for the babies I just dumped them into the current baby sword tail tank. Bring the counts up to 7 separate batch of babies I'm holding. 1466000692108.jpg 1466000696768.jpg
    The first batch is getting so big I need to transfer them to their own larger tank today or tommorow.

7. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

Omg thats so cool!!!

8. kingguppy9000 Member Member

I'll put up a pic of them in the new growing tank. Got another day or three on the cory eggs, I'll let you guys know though.

9. sheenalee Member Member

Are the parents both peppered?

10. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

Nope one of them looks like a panda cory....idk for sure tho its gonna be a interesting batch of babies though!! :)

11. kingguppy9000 Member Member

It looks like only one of the eggs is ok, one egg you can see a thing inside, the others are all cloudy.

12. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

What color are the cloudy ones?

13. kingguppy9000 Member Member

Whitish

The other one is crystal clear with a tiny solid looking thing on the inside.

14. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

Oh cool!!!! Lol I wish I could breed corys they are so adorable and that would be awesome to raise them from when they were just babies. :)

15. kingguppy9000 Member Member

Here is the first half of the biggest babies, if they all survive the new tank I'll dump the other half in a few days. 1466096057471.jpg 1466096063692.jpg

Disregard the two massive rocks, that cedar tree won't sink to save the world.

16. kingguppy9000 Member Member

None of them hatched, but I just found more today. So fingers crossed.

17. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

Oh im sorry.....yes!!! Fingers crossed!!!!

18. kingguppy9000 Member Member

Haha, it's all good, I wasn't expecting anything out of them.