cory babies!!!!!

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
;D Cory eggs have hatched. I have seen 1 baby for sure so far in the tank. There were like 40 eggs so I hope more than one is in there but then again it is better than none. It is soooo small and hard to see I am sure glad that I took out alot of the gravel so I can keep an eye on them. Now Is there anything special that I should feed them or is the flake food and shrimp pellets good enough for them????

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are so tiny that it's relly hard to feed them. There is probably enough stuff in the gravel for a few days then you could start feeding them Hikari first bites. It's really hard to keep the tank as clean as you need to with gravel. Now comes the fun part, you need to start doing 50% water changes EVERYDAY for at least 4-6 weeks. The gravel also needs to be vacuumed. Vacuum into a bucket or something you can see into so if you vacuum any fry up you can rescue them Have Fun!!! and keep us posted
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ok did my first water change today. How scary, thought I sucked them up a couple of times. I have 2 babies in the tank. One still has a eggs sac attached that I can see. I have very little gravel in the tank so is easier to see them, don't think I could have done it with more gravel too scary. I made it through though ;D ;D Thanks for the help Carol I will keep you posted and let you all know how things progress.

Heidi

badger

Valued Member
Reaction score
Im jealous of you, Ive been hoping my sories might breed, but so far no luck, I actually sort of think they are all female, but anyway, congratulations!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
good job skippi!! They won't need feeding until the egg sacs are completely gone. Keep up the water changes.
I can't begin to tell you how many I've vacuumed fry up and then had to use a turkey baster to suck them back up and put them back in their tank. Thats why I said to siphon your water into a bucket
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks All. I am really happy I hope I can keep them healthy and can't wait for them to grow up. While cleaning the tank today I found another one so I now have three. ;D I was so excited that I then got too close to one and sucked it up. god that wasn't funny, but I got it back into the tank. I always keep the water in my bucket until I find all of them in the tank and make my boyfriend make sure he sees them too.

Butterfly - What are first bites? is it just powder form of flake food?

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
update on babies..... still have 2 babies.. getting big and cute. have been feeding them flake food that has been crushed..

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Congrats!! Glad their doing well. If you have any shrimp pellers they will eat them now. About one a day between the two. You will have to do gravel vacs if you use the pellets though.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom