cory babies

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by carol6640, Dec 11, 2012.

1. carol6640

carol6640New MemberMember

i bought 2 cory cats not knowing if they were males or females. one morning after i turned on the lights, i noticed white eggs on just about everything, the heater, filter, plants etc. after doing some research, i found out that you are supposed to take the eggs out, the other fish and parents will eat them. i managed to get the eggs out by using a old pill bottle. they layed eggs for a few days. after about a week they hatched. i ended up with 50+ when they got bigger which was about 2 mos. i removed them to their own tank. when we moved to a new house, a friend emptied the tanks except enough water for them to live in, i ended losing all but 4. i just bought a 15 gallon, and put the parents back together and they laid more eggs, i've removed them and they just hatched on monday (12-10-12) and found more on friday, they look like they are ready to hatch here in a few days. i live in fort worth, tx.. i was wondering if anyone knows where i can sell them?

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    Hope you don't mind I moved your post to a thread of it's own so it will get more attention :)

Sometimes your local fish store(LFS) will take your fry for store credit.
    carol

3. OP
    OP
    carol6640

carol6640New MemberMember

thank you! i didnt know.

4. fishyluv

fishyluvWell Known MemberMember

After 50 post you can sell on here! :)

5. Habsfan

HabsfanNew MemberMember

Get posting!