cory babies

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by carol6640, Dec 11, 2012.

1. c

carol6640 New Member Member

i bought 2 cory cats not knowing if they were males or females. one morning after i turned on the lights, i noticed white eggs on just about everything, the heater, filter, plants etc. after doing some research, i found out that you are supposed to take the eggs out, the other fish and parents will eat them. i managed to get the eggs out by using a old pill bottle. they layed eggs for a few days. after about a week they hatched. i ended up with 50+ when they got bigger which was about 2 mos. i removed them to their own tank. when we moved to a new house, a friend emptied the tanks except enough water for them to live in, i ended losing all but 4. i just bought a 15 gallon, and put the parents back together and they laid more eggs, i've removed them and they just hatched on monday (12-10-12) and found more on friday, they look like they are ready to hatch here in a few days. i live in fort worth, tx.. i was wondering if anyone knows where i can sell them?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    Hope you don't mind I moved your post to a thread of it's own so it will get more attention :)

Sometimes your local fish store(LFS) will take your fry for store credit.
    carol

3. OP
    OP
    c

carol6640 New Member Member

thank you! i didnt know.

4. f

fishyluv Well Known Member Member

After 50 post you can sell on here! :)

5. H

Habsfan New Member Member

Get posting!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice