Cory advice

1. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Ive been avoiding the topic but i fear the time has common for things to be discussed.
    Recently i lost most of my corys to various things, 2 of them were simply old(5 and 6 i belive) and one of them came down with a nasty fungus. I only had 4 becuase i was working on the school. Unfortunetly i only have my young male pepper left. I of course want to restock asap but im lacking 2 things. the first is a QT tank, when i took my KSB in as a rescue she needed the tank soooo yeah. The second thing is a source. None of the LFS(theres 1 actually) near me have peppers and i really dont want to special order from the store becuase they are asking $5-$8 a fish, they are heavily over priced in everything, but they do have healthy stock. SO ive kind of been at a stand still. I am looking around to see if anyone has a open space but im not finding any. I dont want to just take him to the store as it would be kinda pointless imo, theres no peppers there, they would have him in a crowded tank and the chances of him being bought and added to a appropriate setup are slim(the employees dont get any kind remarks from me).

So whats the lesser of the 2 evils? Keep trying to find a Qt tank and let him stay in the 29 in the meantime? Or return him to the store?

They do have some steribi and bronze but their bronze are bloody huge(like 3-4") its rediculos i thought they were small. Theres also albinos but im not intrested. I dont think he will school with any of the others anyways, hes always been slightly indipendent from the other cory(i introduced him 6 months after i had some others). I know its bad to keep him alone but i do want him to live a healthy life atleast, i know i can provide that much.

2. James95 Well Known Member Member

Sorry you lost some of your fish, that really stinks :(

I would leave him be and when your QT tank has an opening, place the special order from your LFS. Waiting is much better than risking the introduction of disease into your main tank.

He should be fine for the time being. Especially if he was always more independent anyway ;)

3. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks, im just glad he isnt acting depressed. Hes still out going for the time being.

4. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

I agree with James.

As long as he's swimming around, seeming interested in food and life in general, he'll be fine. Would he prefer some buddies? Of course, but that can wait. He's not hurting right now. And it's so good for him to have an owner who cares :)

5. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

If i do get a QT setup i may actually use walmart to get my cory. I know i know, bad sol bad. BUT they make their money off the supplies not the fish, ill go ahead grab 4-5 and QT them when possible. He himself was a walmart fish and for some reason his fins are a tad longer then normal.