Cory Acting Funny Important

1. wibbylynn

wibbylynn Valued Member Member

I have one cory that’ll go to the top and look as if he’s struggling to swim properly, linger up there with his mouth to the surface for a while, and then go back to normal. But he isn’t darting up like the others, he’s hanging out up there. I wanted to say it looked like a swim bladder thing but when he goes back to the bottom every now and then he seems fine. I have 10 other cories and they all are acting normal

I tested my water (50gallon tank) and my ammonia was kind of high ~0.25. My cycle crashed when I added too many fish and it’s recycling now. I just did a water change, around 50%. The pic shows my water parameters now. He’s still doing it a bit, not quite as often. It’s just odd that he’s the only one doing it. I can’t attach the video but I can add pics if that’ll help. Any ideas? Image1529529910.036519.jpg

2. Ryan Neidinger

Ryan Neidinger Valued Member Member

I wouldn’t worry about I’m darting to the top. My 3 Cory’s dart to the top once in a while but they go right back to the bottom. When he goes to the top does he stay there or does he just go up and down really quick and stay at the bottom?

3. OP
    OP
    wibbylynn

wibbylynn Valued Member Member

He stays there. But he’s the only one that does that.

4. Ryan Neidinger

Ryan Neidinger Valued Member Member

I don’t know what to say if he is the only one doing it. I was going to say low oxygen in the water but that’s out of the picture. I wish I could help but time will tell.