Cory’s For 76 Degree Water

1. Dycofree

Dycofree Well Known Member Member

Hey guys. Im getting ready to add to my 125 gallon planted tank thats home to 8 Denison Barbs and a baby Red Spotted Severum. Im looking to add corys in and was wondering which you guys think will do best at 76 degrees. Ive found a lot of contradictory info on the internet as far as keeping some of them at the low/max end of their temps. I was hoping to keep sterbai but I see that 75/76 is their low end and dont want to stress them out too much. In addition, if you could include a quantity suggestion for your recommendations thatd be awesome!

2. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

Sterbai would do great in 76°F. 12-16 in a 125g would be awesome.

3. OP
    OP
    Dycofree

They’re my number one choice for sure, but I was worried about them being too cold. And the price on them can sometimes be nuts.

4. RedLoredAmazon

RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

Cory trilineatus can be kept at that temperature too. I have one (working on changing that) and I keep my tank at 75. Also, hi fellow Hoosier! :)

5. mattgirl

mattgirl Well Known Member Member

If I were to be choosing my favorite it would have to be False Julii and if I had a tank that big I would have at least a bakers dozen of them. (13) Mine have been thriving in my 55 for going on 3 years now with the temp set at 76 degrees. Or you could choose albino corys instead and they too should work well at 76.

Depending on your stocking you might consider a slightly smaller shoal of each of the 2 different kinds. They most likely won't shoal together but won't bother each other either.

6. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

Sterbai Corydoras Cory Catfish
    They have 15 left. Even with shipping, $90 for all of them.

I have bronze and peppered cories in 2 different tanks but they'll shoal with anything. Some of my 8 bronze cories think they're baby EBAs when I had over 100 in the tank.

7. mattgirl

I have bronze, albino and false julii. Since albino and bronze are just different colors of the same cory they hang out together and breed with each other but my False Julii's pretty much ignore everyone but members of their own species.

8. OP
    OP
    Dycofree

Hey! Where are you located? Im in central Indy!

I used to keep Juliis when I first started but their small size scares me a tad with having a severum in the tank

I was looking at that site earlier. $90 isnt bad at all!

9. mattgirl

Actual hard to find Julii's may be unusually small but my false julii's are about the same size as all my albino and bronze corys. I've never actually seen a Sterbai but since you are considering them I have to assume they grow bigger than any of the ones I have.

Keep in mind ...... We love photos :D I would love to see your tank once it is all up, running and stocked :)

10. OP
    OP
    Dycofree

Oh my tanks been up for awhile! Ive just changed the direction I was going with bottom feeders. Heres a pic of it. This is prior to the 30+ extra pieces of Jungle Val im adding tonight. It has a baby Red Spotted Severum in it right now (male), 8 Denison Barbs, 2 bristlenose plecos, and some nerites! The large piece of wood is completely hollow and allows for some awesome pleco/cory hideouts

Attached Files:

11. RedLoredAmazon

RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

Me too! :) I'm in the county north of Indy.