Corn Snake

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Recently, there's been a desire to get a corn snake, and we want some opinions.
@FishL)

Here's my list, I have collected a few things we'll need.
40 breeder
hygrometers
screen top
screen clips

Still not certain on lighting, and the heat. We were thinking of an Ultratherm UTH, those work well.
But otherwise, we still need to build a list of things we need to complete the snake tank. I know that snakes need humidity and proper heating. Feedings and care are not a problem.

fissh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Corn snakes don't need light so it's what type of light you like. They need belly heat, I used to use a cleaned orchid bark or Carefresh for a bedding, get some grape vine and put a heat dome on the screen top (not in the tank) were the grape vine is, so it can clime the wood to get as close to the heat source as the snake needs too. A spry bottle to mist the tank works well. And make sure your screen top is tight.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Corn snakes don't need light so it's what type of light you like. They need belly heat, I used to use a cleaned orchid bark or Carefresh for a bedding, get some grape vine and put a heat dome on the screen top (not in the tank) were the grape vine is, so it can clime the wood to get as close to the heat source as the snake needs too. A spry bottle to mist the tank works well. And make sure your screen top is tight.
Oh, well thanks! I will think more about the plan

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom