Cories or Peacock Gudgeon?

Chris1212

All fish in the current tank looking healthy. Can't decide if a small school of cories or 2-3 peacock gudgeon would do better. I can't ever seem to find Honey Gourami, maybe they are labeled something else in the stores I look. I'm not interested in changing the pH or hardness. I'm hoping with proper acclimation, the new fish will be ok in our water.

20g, fully cycled, fake plants, half sand, half smooth gravel substrate.
76-77 degrees
0 ammonia, 0, nitrites, 10ish nitrates (we have some in the tap so not an exact)
8pH
180GH
Current stock: 3 male platies, 1 male swordtail, 5 skirt tetras, 1 mystery snail, 2-3 amano shrimp

BigManAquatics

Probably the 2-3 gudgeons if anything.

Upvote 0

CichlidJynx

I was suggest the peacock gudgeons as corydora should be in schools of 6+ . Although Peacock gudgeons should have a lower pH I think they should do fine at 8

Upvote 0

Chris1212

Thanks for the replies. Any other ideas are appreciated to. I don't think something like a krib or yellow lab would work

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

Thanks for the replies. Any other ideas are appreciated to. I don't think something like a krib or yellow lab would work
A apistogramma might work. But, I’d recommend getting a pair of peacock gudgeons. They’re really fun little fish, and while they can be picky eaters at first they’re pretty easy to care for.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Nah, cuz you would need 6 cories as opposed to 2-3. More bioload and bodies.

Upvote 0

Chris1212

Cool, thanks. Can a pair work or should I get 3? I'm a little worried about the pH issue but I'll slowly acclimate them in the quarantine tank.

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

Cool, thanks. Can a pair work or should I get 3? I'm a little worried about the pH issue but I'll slowly acclimate them in the quarantine tank.
A pair should be fine. I have a pH of 8.2 and my male is doing great. My female passed away but that was because of a mistake on my end, not because of the pH.

Upvote 0

Chris1212

Thanks. The tank with the shellies is really cool by the way. I saw some in my lfs last time I was there. I was tempted...

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

Thanks. The tank with the shellies is really cool by the way. I saw some in my lfs last time I was there. I was tempted...
If you ever have an empty 20g+ tank I highly recommend getting some! Great little fish with awesome personalities

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
connorjs1004
Replies
Views
CrackerboxPalace
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question