Cories Breeding

Initiate

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi,
I have a group of 8 julii corys and today I witnessed a whole lot of breeding, they chased each other around the tank and eventually took the T position. The females didn't lay right away and now that they have they're not laying on the glass but only on plants and lone eggs only.

I want to pull some of the eggs, I was thinking that I should put a breeder box in the aquarium and going from there. What do you guys think?

P.S. First time breeding corys

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Different species breed in different ways. Not all are the mass spawners like paleatus or aeneus.

I think for additional help, you need to call @DoubleDutch to get instructions on dealing with the spawn. If there are other species in the tank, I would remove the eggs. If the only fish in the tank are the breeders, it would be my tendency to move them and leave the eggs.

Initiate

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Different species breed in different ways. Not all are the mass spawners like paleatus or aeneus.

I think for additional help, you need to call @DoubleDutch to get instructions on dealing with the spawn. If there are other species in the tank, I would remove the eggs. If the only fish in the tank are the breeders, it would be my tendency to move them and leave the eggs.
Yeah my rummy's ended up eating all the eggs, didn't have anything to put the eggs into which sucks.

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
if you do get more eggs be careful if you decide to take the eggs out use a credit card or similar if their on the glass

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Never bred trilineatus, what they'll be.
Think waterchanges will start it (like others) only eggs are more on plants aso instead of the glass.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom