corie chunk of dorsal fin now no barbs...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by monkeypie102, Jan 2, 2013.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

I noticed a week ago my albino corie had a chunk missing from his dorsal fin(top fin on back) then I looked at him and he looked different... he is missing all 4 of his barbs... well he has like half of 1... I have no clue how this could have happened... the substraigt is sand... has been since day one and there is nothi g sharp in the tank that could have cut them off...
    IMG_20130102_025143.jpg

2. AquariaUK

AquariaUKValued MemberMember

What is the tank parameters and dimensions? The tankmates?

3. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Its. 29g
    4 black skirt tetras (sent to brother last night though)
    6 black neons
    6otos
    5 other albino cories
    2 adult assassins and babies
    3 mystery snails

4. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Hello monkey I'm sorry to hear about your poorly little guy. Have you noticed any harassment from his tankmates? How are the other cories?
    Just a thought but how sharp is that clam shell you have in the tank?

Can't really think of anything else sorry I can't be more help

5. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Thanks Magoo. The only ones in my tank that was mean to anyone was the black skirts but they kept their head butting to themselves no nipping between them... I will have to double check the clam shells when I get home but to my knowledge the shells are pretty well rounded... my other cories have been hanging arounfd the one in the picture a lot this last week and none of them have lost there barbs... but like I said I will have tl recheck them though...

6. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Maybe the one got stuck and that's how he damaged himself getting free?

I only ask as I have cut my feet on shells allot when I was younger and refused to wear shoes on the beach ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice