Coralife Bio Cube 32

Yoshigecko

Reaction score
Hi guys! Im thinking of getting the coralife bio cube 32. It would be my first ever saltwater tank. Ive heard about the cycling but not sure on if i would need to add extra flow to it. I would like to have corals and fish in there. What types would be ok in the 32? (Not locked into anything im still researching!)

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Have you looked at the aquarium forum tab? Lots of helpful info on setting up and maintaining saltwater aquariums. I’ve been listening to some of it. I would love a small saltwater tank but need a LOT more research. Let me know your next step? Please?

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The Biocubes are popular because of their relatively small footprint and all in one nature, but IMHO I would go with any of the following dimension tanks before any Biocube: 20 Gallon Long, 40 gallon Breeder, 75-90 Gallon drilled, 125 gallon drilled. In the smaller tanks the advantage to the 20 gallon long and 40 breeder is that they maximize the horizontal length of your tank, which tends to be the dimension that fish use the most. When comparing a 20 Gallon Long to a 32 Gallon Biocube, the 20 Long looks much bigger despite being 12 gallons less in overall capacity.

With the Biocube you will need the following:

1) Upgraded lighting (if you want a variety of corals)
2) Powerhead/Wavemaker
3) Tank Heater
4) Not sure if it has a Digital Thermometer or not

With a 20 Gallon Long setup you will need everything listed in this video:

Plus 10-20 lbs of sand and a Digital Thermometer

Yoshigecko

Reaction score
Jesterrace said:
The Biocubes are popular because of their relatively small footprint and all in one nature, but IMHO I would go with any of the following dimension tanks before any Biocube: 20 Gallon Long, 40 gallon Breeder, 75-90 Gallon drilled, 125 gallon drilled. In the smaller tanks the advantage to the 20 gallon long and 40 breeder is that they maximize the horizontal length of your tank, which tends to be the dimension that fish use the most. When comparing a 20 Gallon Long to a 32 Gallon Biocube, the 20 Long looks much bigger despite being 12 gallons less in overall capacity.

With the Biocube you will need the following:

1) Upgraded lighting (if you want a variety of corals)
2) Powerhead/Wavemaker
3) Tank Heater
4) Not sure if it has a Digital Thermometer or not

With a 20 Gallon Long setup you will need everything listed in this video:

Plus 10-20 lbs of sand and a Digital Thermometer
Ok thank you! What stock options would i have in the cube vs 20L? I do love emerald crabs, clowns, and blennies

Yoshigecko

Reaction score
Gypsy13 said:
Have you looked at the aquarium forum tab? Lots of helpful info on setting up and maintaining saltwater aquariums. I’ve been listening to some of it. I would love a small saltwater tank but need a LOT more research. Let me know your next step? Please?
Ive read it but i get confused easily haha. I think my first step will be buying the tank and getting live rock and sand into it, and then cycling

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yoshigecko said:
Ok thank you! What stock options would i have in the cube vs 20L? I do love emerald crabs, clowns, and blennies
The stock options wouldn't change much, it's just that it would give them more useable space to roam since the 20 long is 30 inches wide while the 32 gallon Biocube is between 20-21 inches wide. Just saying if you are going for more of that free swimming look that the 20 Long would be better suited to it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom