Coral Hogfish

nanoman923
Hi. I don't but my dad needs help. he has a 55 gallon saltwater with a coral hog that isn't doing well. some of the fish in his tank are: a chocolate chip starfish, a flame angel, 2 peppermint shrimp (could be 3), a royal gramma, a velvet damsel, a bicolar blenny, a coral bandit shrimp, a niger triggerfish, a feather duster, uncountable snails, a porslin crab, 3 hermit crabs, and that is it. the coral hog hasn't been looking good, because he has been resting at the bottom of the sand. pleasehelp!x

Shawnie
I don't know a thing about sw, but someone will help soon I'm sure...hope things work out well!

Oil_Fan
Are you talking about a type of coral or is it fish? I googled and found that there is a coral hogfish but I'm not sure that's what you're actually talking about.

nanoman923
yes coral hogfish. I'm really stupid

Oil_Fan
Do you know if he's eating? Any marks or dots on him?

Mike
nanoman, we need more info from ya. What are the water paramaters, how long has the tank been setup, how long have you had the hogfish, how did you acclimate, foods, any behavior probs with the trigger? Many of the hogfishes (including Bodianus mesothorax) are supposed to be fairly hardy...

nanoman923
the hogfish hasn't been eating and doesn't have dots

nanoman923
it's dead.

Oil_Fan
Sorry to hear that man...do you know if your dad has tested the water and what the parameters are?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Tanks and Plants
Replies
Views
PNWAquatics
Replies
Views