Coral for pH?

Blueberrybetta

I was told to use coral to help raise/level out a pH. I'm guessing its dried out live coral? I have no idea where or what to look for. Can I order on Amazon? if so , does anyone have a link possibly? I'm not sure if PetSmart sells it , maybe Petco since they have a saltwater section ? If anyone knows thanks !

Jaquatic

What is your current ph and how high are you trying to raise it? I bought a 20lb bag of crushed coral from pet smart recently. I also bought a filter media bag that I put the crushed coral in and put it in my filter compartment.

Blueberrybetta

What is your current ph and how high are you trying to raise it? I bought a 20lb bag of crushed coral from pet smart recently. I also bought a filter media bag that I put the crushed coral in and put it in my filter compartment.

Right now it's at 7.6 but it's been down to 6.6 & 6.8 twice now . I did add a piece of driftwood & extra tannin , the water is pretty dark for my betta. I just wanted to buy some just incase.

Jaquatic

The water will clear up over time and depending on the driftwood your ph will go back up a bit.

Do you happen to know the gh and kh?

Dunk2

The water will clear up over time and depending on the driftwood your ph will go back up a bit.

Do you happen to know the gh and kh?

I believe driftwood can have the effect of lowering pH.

Jaquatic

I have found initially it will lower it a lot but after awhile it will go back up a bit

Dunk2

I was told to use coral to help raise/level out a pH. I'm guessing its dried out live coral? I have no idea where or what to look for. Can I order on Amazon? if so , does anyone have a link possibly? I'm not sure if PetSmart sells it , maybe Petco since they have a saltwater section ? If anyone knows thanks !

Amazon.com : Carib Sea Coraline Aquarium Gravel, 20 lbs. : Aquarium Decor Gravel : Pet Supplies

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Theo
  • pH
Replies
Views
Theo
Replies
Views
AvalancheDave
  • Question
  • michaelsf90
  • pH