Coral Crushed For Ph?

kashbill

Reaction score
i just bought crushed coral yesterday ,plan to use as ph increase method, but it still big like 1cm diameter, should i crushed it more smaller? It is better to put inside the filter or hang on side of aquarium?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I put mine in a mesh bag as well. The bag I got was a little rocky fine grain...not sure if that makes sense.

The ratio I recommend should be 1 cup to 40 gallons. You can do less if you want to increase a little bit. I had a 6.0 pH. One cup brought it to 7.4ish.

kashbill

Reaction score
Fashooga said:
I put mine in a mesh bag as well. The bag I got was a little rocky fine grain...not sure if that makes sense.

The ratio I recommend should be 1 cup to 40 gallons. You can do less if you want to increase a little bit. I had a 6.0 pH. One cup brought it to 7.4ish.
i put 1cup in mesh and put it on side tank yesterday, but this morning still 6.4ph

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Have you tried putting it in the filter? The way I see it is either use it as substrate or put it in the filter do water runs through it and not just around it.

Try putting into the filter and see if that increases it.

kashbill

Reaction score
Fashooga said:
Have you tried putting it in the filter? The way I see it is either use it as substrate or put it in the filter do water runs through it and not just around it.

Try putting into the filter and see if that increases it.
i see, so i need to remove one part of my canister media.

MikeRad89

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You don’t need to remove something, just squeeze it in a tray. The flow rate may be a little less but you’ll be sure waters flowing through it.

kashbill

Reaction score
MikeRad89 said:
You don’t need to remove something, just squeeze it in a tray. The flow rate may be a little less but you’ll be sure waters flowing through it.
ok thanks

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If the pieces are to big to fit in your filter - make the coral smaller with a hammer. Quick fix!

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
kashbill said:
i put 1cup in mesh and put it on side tank yesterday, but this morning still 6.4ph
Coral isn't an instant fix. It takes a while because it has to slowly dissolve. It will keep your PH stable by raising and stabilizing the kh/gh of the water.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom