Coral Beauty chasing Niger Trigger

Mister2

Hello all. I'm new to the forum so not sure if posting in the right place... I have a 100 gallon FOWLR aquarium that has been set up for close to a year now. I currently have a yellow tail damsel, royal gramma, valentinI puffer and Niger Trigger. A few days ago I added a Coral Beauty Angelfish and was fine the first few days but it has now started to chase my Niger Trigger. is there anything I can do to stop this?

kaz1961

Does he chase him constantly or just now and then? Is he nipping him or just chasing him?

Mister2

For the most part just chasing him. Very rarely does he nip at the trigger. They can swim together sometimes with no issues but them the chasing starts. The trigger just goes back to his favorite hiding spot which is inside a cave and the angelfish kind of rubs up on that cave. I'd say a good 70% of the time he's being chased

kaz1961

As long as the Trigger doesn't seem overly stressed and is still eating you might be ok. Some fish just like to chase certain other fish. You could try the mirror trick. Tape a mirror to the tank and when the Coral Beauty sees his reflection he might get his aggression out on the mirror. Doesnt always work but it calms down my aggressive Yellow Tang when he is being a bully.

Mister2

Thanks. I'll give that mirror trick a shot.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Jonnydb
Replies
Views