Copepods?

emersongalicia

I just started seeing these in my fish tank, at first they were so small I thought it was micro air bubbles...but now I’m thinking copepods; and time for a mandarin goby?

richiep

Thats not a copeapod I know of! Are there vearations ?

emersongalicia

richiep said:
Thats not a copeapod I know of! Are there vearations ?
Unsure of what variations exist of copepods...but if it's not that, then what could it be?

richiep

I'm not sure at the moment, you can see my Copeapods are totally different, how big do you recon it is, whats in the tank with it

richiep

Its possibly an amphipod but the jury is still out

Feohw

Just looks to be munnid isopods.

richiep

I was just about to call you

Jesterrace

Looks more like an Amphipod to me. Still good for mandarins BUT simply seeing one is definitely not a good indicator that your tank is ready for a Mandy. When you are seeing large number of them, then your tank will likely support one. How big is the tank?

LotusWhispers

I dunno the first one, but this second pic is a cyclops! And those are egg sacs lol. The female will almost always have them, each could give up to 40 new cyclops and the sac will pretty much instantly be replaced and await a male for fertilization.

Is yur water very still? These are classic pond water creatures (some city drinking water creatures even hehe) and are incredibly common.

Check filter / Maybe get an additional filter / ramp up the current with airstones perhaps? Could help keep those still water spawning critters down.

Unless of course you’ve fish to eat up the tiny crustaceans! I don’t know any specific species who do lol but I’m sure any micro predator would not let them live long : ).

Edit: didn’t realize the two pics aren’t both in your tank and being questioned lol. Oh well lol

Latest threads

Top Bottom