Cooling your tank suggestions?

Nickguy5467
i was looking at those clip on fans that skim the water surface on amazon but all the reviews say they pretty much dont fit a standard rim which sucks so the revieews seem pretty mixed. any suggestions on something like that i could use that isnt a waste of money? tank has been around 80 lately when the norm is about 76/77

Betta'sAnonymous
You may have to figure something else to clip it on then, at the least. What is the room temp been at lately?

Nickguy5467
well as of this moment the installed thermometer(on the heater thing , yeah i have a heater in my apartment yay...) says my apartment is 81. i also have this portable a/c unit that didnt kick on until i changed its target to 76. though i have no idea if either of them are accurate. i dont have a central a/c unit. seems my complex skimped out on that. anyway i would say its close to 81

though i only think this portable a/c unit only works for the room im in and my tanks are in my bedroom while im not. so theres that

Betta'sAnonymous
Nickguy5467 said:
well as of this moment the thermometer says my apartment is 81. i also have this portable a/c unit that didnt kick on until i changed its target to 76. though i have no idea if either of them are accurate. i dont have a central a/c unit. seems my complex skimped out on that. anyway i would say its close to 81
Well, least it is a reason that makes sense why the temp rose! If you can put a chair or something by the tank to run a clip on fan from that could work or at least help. If the a/c running that should help as well.

Nickguy5467
sorry i keep updating the response from errors>.>

Betta'sAnonymous
If you can't find a way to rig the clip-on fan to work, if there is a walmart nearby, they usually have sevral different types of fans that are usually fairly inexpensive that you can probably figure out a way to work for your needs. Don't think at least for now it is a big enough difference to need frozen water bottles or something like that

Nickguy5467
Betta'sAnonymous said:
If you can't find a way to rig the clip-on fan to work, if there is a walmart nearby, they usually have sevral different types of fans that are usually fairly inexpensive that you can probably figure out a way to work for your needs. Don't think at least for now it is a big enough difference to need frozen water bottles or something like that
you sure? i was panicked so i used ice cubes(from treated water) but i also just read that , that could be bad for them too. so im glad nothing happened yet

Betta'sAnonymous
Nickguy5467 said:
you sure? i was panicked so i used ice cubes(from treated water) but i also just read that , that could be bad for them too. so im glad nothing happened yet
Pretty sure. My house stays pretty much at 70 all year though, cuz i am the only one not allergic to the outside. So i don't usually need to cool my tank. I do know that ice can be bad because that is usually a pretty drastic temp change compared to like a fan.

Nickguy5467
my only thought is "what were they thinking?" but yeah. i cant really think of anything that would clip on because all the rims have that lip thing to hold your lids on. maybe a fan tall enough to look down on the tank surface? lol thanks for the talk

Betta'sAnonymous
Nickguy5467 said:
my only thought is "what were they thinking?" but yeah. i cant really think of anything that would clip on because all the rims have that lip thing to hold your lids on. maybe a fan tall enough to look down on the tank surface? lol thanks for the talk
Thats what i would suggest. My tall fan doesn't angle downward, so be careful of that.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom