Cooling A 40g Axolotl Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by BlissfulBetta, Jul 11, 2017.

1. BlissfulBetta

BlissfulBettaValued MemberMember

Hello! I am currently deciding whether or not to get Axolotls. I love them, but my house often reaches 72-74°F during the summer (we have AC, but we keep the house in this temperature range) and was wondering what setup would work best to cool a 40 gallon breeder Axolotl tank? I would also like the cooling setup to cool the tank to 10 degrees lower than the house and cost no more than $100.
    Thanks!:)

2. KimberlyG

KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

...the reason I don't have axolotls. :(

3. popsikle

popsikleNew MemberMember

Your tank water, if not in direct sunlight and not using old school lights that generate a lot of heat, should generally stay a few degrees cooler than your house because of evaporation. You can probably find a spot in your place that is cooler than your thermostat area and it should be ok. You may want to invest in a temp controlled fan or something just to be sure, 75 would kill your axolotl.

4. PLECO657

PLECO657Valued MemberMember

Yea, look around for a aquarium chiller, or look for a cooler place in your house. Maybe get a fan to get good airflow. Axolotls are such a fun animal to have. If you have a 40 gallon tank you can have 4 in total which would be so much fun to watch all of them. Don't skip out on it, find a cool place or use a fan and enjoy them :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice