Coolest Store Find?

toomanyfishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hey all!
Just curious, what's your guys' coolest find at a fish store? Mine was dwarf puffers at Aquarium Adventure, I thought puffers were just a saltwater thing. And red belly pirahnas, I didn't know they were legal here, and they weren't fighting and scratched up.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mine was when I had traveled up to Northern Ireland. I found a really great shop with lots of amazing fish. Its where I found my bolivian rams and some of my gobies. Anyway, one of the first fish I saw there was a massive Water cow/spotted sleeper goby (if I remember correctly). That thing was very impressive to see. More locally the most impressive I've seen was a massive pacu, different types of arowana and a gulper catfish among other things.

That's not even to mention all the saltwater fish at my LFS. Each of them is always a marvel to see. I especially like the mandarin fish and the blue spotted jawfish.

toomanyfishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Mine was when I had traveled up to Northern Ireland. I found a really great shop with lots of amazing fish. Its where I found my bolivian rams and some of my gobies. Anyway, one of the first fish I saw there was a massive Water cow/spotted sleeper goby (if I remember correctly). That thing was very impressive to see. More locally the most impressive I've seen was a massive pacu, different types of arowana and a gulper catfish among other things.

That's not even to mention all the saltwater fish at my LFS. Each of them is always a marvel to see. I especially like the mandarin fish and the blue spotted jawfish.
Surprisingly I didn't see any arowana at Aquarium adventure but I did see a Queen Trigger (Coolest saltwater thing)bigger than the size of a baby.

MrBryan723

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The coolest would have been a 2' tigerfish probably. Aside from that some freshwater stingrays and possibly snowflake eels.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dragonfin Characins, Pseudocorynopoma doriae. Was apparently an available fish back in the 1930s and 40s, but it disappeared from the hobby because the habitat was in southern Brazil (La Plata), so it preferred cool water. I'd seen photos of the species, but they did not do justice to the actual 4 inch males I saw live. Unfortunately, they were not for sale, and there were only males anyway

It is one of my remaining dream fish. I would re-activate some of my tanks if I found that species available.

FishRFriendz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Unexpected Remora.
Very silly when it attaches to the tank glass looking like a huge sideways otocinlus
IMG_5120.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom