Cooler water 20 long ideas

• Thread starter FishAndDoom
  • Start date

FishAndDoom

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some new fish to add to my 20 long over the next few months or so. The stocking at the moment is:

One male Poecilia mexicana (just a rarer type of molly)
Two Colombian tetras (will not add more, they will live the rest of their lives with me and not be replaced)

The tank will stay cooler and never stray too far above or below 70 F. Its lightly planted, there are also a few assassin snails marauding around. So far, the main fish I've been contemplating are American flagfish, white cloud mountain minnows, a single paradise fish, maybe even a pair of bigger killifish if I can find them.

Thoughts?

AcornTheBetta

Well Known
FishAndDoom said:
Hello everyone. I'm looking for some new fish to add to my 20 long over the next few months or so. The stocking at the moment is:

One male Poecilia mexicana (just a rarer type of molly)
Two Colombian tetras (will not add more, they will live the rest of their lives with me and not be replaced)

The tank will stay cooler and never stray too far above or below 70 F. Its lightly planted, there are also a few assassin snails marauding around. So far, the main fish I've been contemplating are American flagfish, white cloud mountain minnows, a single paradise fish, maybe even a pair of bigger killifish if I can find them.

Thoughts?
White clouds are really cool with surprisingly good colors.

Convoluted77

Agree with the WCMM.Fun fish.Nice color and cool fins that are on display quite a bit.Hardy,active and eat anything and everything.

AcornTheBetta

Well Known
Convoluted77 said:
Agree with the WCMM.Fun fish.Nice color and cool fins that are on display quite a bit.Hardy,active and eat anything and everything.
Lol so true. A little bit of plant? SNACK! Prefilter sponge? YUM! I feel like mine have a lot of personalities and are also cute. Am I just weird?

Convoluted77

AcornTheBetta said:
Lol so true. A little bit of plant? SNACK! Prefilter sponge? YUM! I feel like mine have a lot of personalities and are also cute. Am I just weird?
Well,you still might be weird but I think they are cute too_One thing I've never seen them eat is my baby shrimp.I have to believe they are eating some babies but I've never witnessed it and I have tons of tiny babies that are right in thier faces 24/7.I figured they would keep my shrimp population in check but...nope. :)

FishAndDoom

While I do like the WCMM I am preferring the flags at the moment. The help with the algae control would be amazing. Just worried about how they'd get along with the mexicana, I like him quite a bit.

FishAndDoom

After thinking a bit more, I think I'm going to do both a school of WCMM and a pair of the American flagfish. Any thoughts?

wishuponafish

Well Known
FishAndDoom said:
After thinking a bit more, I think I'm going to do both a school of WCMM and a pair of the American flagfish. Any thoughts?
That'll work, but I have a pair of flag fish and they're not very active. They were more active in the store where there were lots of them, so maybe they prefer numbers.

Top Bottom