Cool Tip For Zoo Med Floating Betta Log

HelloKittyPowa

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Every Betta fish is different. Some don't mind movement, some are scared of random movement. A perfect example is the Zoo Med Floating Betta Log. I have a 5 gallon tank and one Betta and he absolutely did not feel happy about a floating log that keeps drifting by the filter. I was really bummed because I wanted him to enjoy it. I done some research and even read people's feedback about the log on this forum and someone mentioned a different topic item and about Anchoring it, which gave me the idea to find a way to anchor the log so it's somewhat holding still in the tank.

I ended up finding one of those black twist ties that are used in like packaging and holding things and I ended up using one that I tied around the log hole on top and tied the end to my lighting cord. Works great and my Betta loves it and feels safe, and sleeps in it every night. I do highly recommend this helpful tip for anyone who's little one might not adjust to a moving betta log. I uploaded some pictures and hopefully they show up, thanks for reading!!!
bettalog.jpg
bettalog3.jpg
bettalog2.jpg

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks for shareing! Ive had that issue with some bettas (Other then Galaxy who would push his log around to where he wanted it!) I will have to try it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom