Cool Tank and Stand Setup - 120 Gallon+

1. tiredboymike Initiate Member

Before kids, one of my joys was just relaxing and watching fishes swim around. Fast Forward about 7 years, and I'm looking into getting an aquarium again.

I use to have an acrylic tank, which my clumsy self kept on scratching. This time around I am looking for a glass tank.

Here are my thoughts and I'm hoping to get some advice:

Fish Tanks looks so awesome nowadays. One of the things I would like in a fish tank is the clean look of a stand and the tank that was designed together. For example the Red Sea tanks/setup.

I wish they had a Red Sea Max Series - which is the All in One setup for reef tanks, but have something like that for fresh water fishes.

In my case, It would be for african cichlids.

My Question:
    Does anyone know of a company that sells Fresh Water All in One Systems like how Red Sea Sells it for Reef Tanks? My budget is around $2500 for the setup (not including fish). I've been looking around on google for quite a bit and have visited Petsmart and the local pet stores but they don't seem to have them or usually in smaller sizes.

thanks,

tiredboymike

2. tiredboymike Initiate Member

For the Tank and Stand this is what I'm looking at:
    [​IMG]

CAD Artisan II 120g. Picture is 150g though.

What's in my mind currently:
    I can purchase this awesome looking tank and stand.

1)I wouldn't purchase the saltwater parts like the protein skimmer).
    2)I would use the overflow to get water into the bottom sump.
    3)I would then add bio-balls and media pads into the sump.
    4)I would add a pump for return.

I'm not exactly sure yet what else besides bio-balls and media pad filters need to be in the sump but I'll do more ready. Possibly a heater.

Let me know what you guys are thinking...If I'm totally off base please let me know.

thanks

3. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I don't like buying kits because of the issues you're seeing already: you may not need all of the parts, and you still may need to buy equipment. Also, sometime the equipment included in kits aren't high quality or what you want. By buying things separately, I can pick the exact equipment I want and possibly get things much cheaper.

Sorry, I don't have experience with that particular kit. Maybe you can find reviews online?

4. tiredboymike Initiate Member

Thanks Texas...

Since this is a lot of money for me to spend, I'm trying to do my homework. Even though the image looks really nice online I have yet to see it in real life. And you are so right, searching multiple forums; I have the impression that the quality of the craftsmanship is just not that good. Looks so great as an image, but I guess I will have to look for something else. Search Continues....... thanks!