Cool Invert Ideas For A 5 Gallon

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Hi! Anyone have any really cool ideas for a 5 gallon tank (freshwater)? I want something unique (not like a betta or something). The section its in is because I would like to have something like a snail or shrimp or somethings. Any Ideas? Thanks

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
I wouldn't do vampires/vipers in a 5 gallon. Mine is somewhere between 5 and 6 inches at the moment. They also need an established, larger tank for enough food to be in the water column. How about ThaI micro crabs? If you get these I'd add them after the tank has established a bit as they are also filter feeders. They are really small though. I haven't looked into them too much but they do need great water quality.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Feohw said:
I wouldn't do vampires/vipers in a 5 gallon. Mine is somewhere between 5 and 6 inches at the moment. They also need an established, larger tank for enough food to be in the water column. How about ThaI micro crabs?
Wow I didn't realize they got that big. Never really thought of the feeding thing either. Kind of rules out bamboo shrimp then too. Micro crabs always looked cool but I have never had them. Shrimp wise that leaves all the colors of neo or cardinia shrimp. I think even dwarf crayfish are a yes and no thing in a 5.

saddleupjep

Definitely dwarf crayfish! Look in my media uploads if you want for both close-ups and a full tank setup. They are fantastic, and don't hide all the time like some bigger crays do. One of mine thought he could take me on, waved his little claws at me all the time.
My first one lived alone in a 5 gallon.

New Threads