Cool fishes

1. Fishboy123

Fishboy123 Valued Member Member

For my 10 gallon I feel like the time for a new stocking is at time. Right now I have 2 black neons and 6 neon tetras. For some reason the both species school together yay lol. Ok with them I really wanna add a pair of peacock gudgeons thanks to junebug and his stocking. Is that possible I feel like it might be over stocked but my filter is an aqueon 20 and I think it may work. Also I've been having an algae problem as well so i might get some RCS and add a prefilter to my filter. Also might add some Anubius or dwarf sag. How does it sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 Well Known Member Member

Peacock gudgeons need at least 20 gallons, they are primarily bottom dwellers and need plenty of space to move around.

I don't think shrimp would be all that great for your algae problem. Plus the tetras would likely eat them, or at least try to. You should get a single nerite snail for the algae issue.

3. g

guthrieb08 Valued Member Member

i have 3 horned nerites in my 55 gallon and they some major work. i used to have a horrible issue with algae on my drift wood and now there is just a few spots. i feel they leave these spots to allow it to grow more and start covering the log, but it never gets fully covered. i need to get some more now that i have alot more plants.

4. G

Guppy2000 Valued Member Member

Definitely get snails for algae issues. They do a great job!

5. Nick Della Rocca

Nick Della Rocca Valued Member Member

lwhat kind of snails?