cool fish to add to freashwater aquarium???

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by melovefish, Nov 28, 2012.

1. m

melovefish Valued Member Member

I have 30 gallon aquarium, 19 inches tall 30 inches long and 12inches deep. NOT SETUP YET so it be anything that will fit in the tank basicly and i have and everything and or could everything.i guess GET CREATIVE. THANKS!!!

:) :;dete :;banaman :;balloons:;swls :;ufo

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to the forum

There are a number of possibilities for a 29 gallon tank, as long as you like smaller fish. Is there anything that's caught your attention? give us something to work with ;)

3. OP
    OP
    m

melovefish Valued Member Member

loaches maybye but everyone say i need 5 plus but my tanks not big enough.

4. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

I would do 6-8 corys..either panda, albino, Julii or peppered. 2-3 Mystery snails. That will give you a fun party on the bottom. Then I would do a really nice Cardinal Tetra school..maybe 8-10 of them. A school of 5 glass catfish maybe, I love these fellas, if you dont maybe Hatchetfish? And for a Centerpiece I would do either a Gourami maybe Either a Pearl, Dwarf blue, or a few honey Gouramis.

Don't forget to cycle your tank the nitrogen cycle is very important! And do not add all your fishies at once, take your time space them out ;)

5. Jaysee

Kuhli loaches would be my suggestion - most others get too big for your tank size. You could do them, a pair of dwarf cichlids, cherry barbs and tetras - black neons would be my choice. They stay high in the tank, the cherry barbs will be in the middle, kuhlis on the bottom and the dwarf cichlids would be your centerpiece. You could also add a small pleco, like a clown or brisltlenose.

6. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

I agree with Khuli Loaches. They are fascinating and I found them easy to care for.

7. w

wayne834 Valued Member Member

Just a couple of not so common guys, at the moment i`m stocking my 200L tank and these 2 are on my list:)

The rainbows a def no no with potential fin nippers for obvious reasons;)

as adults they blossom as a pair of bottom feeders

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  8. Jaysee

Yes, the blue eyed rainbows are beautiful and they are well suited to your tank size. In addition to the ones mentioned, there are also threadfins, celebes and furcatas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice