Cool fish related science fair ideas

AcornTheBetta

Hi all!
I was just thinking the other day about what I could do for a cool science fair project so that I could leave my school on a good note.. Any ideas? I can't get any more tanks and ideally I don't want to spend more than $50. I would like this to be applicable to the real world in some way shape or form. Thanks!

StarGirl

What about like one of those do it yourself Co2 bottle things? With the yeast and stuff? I don't know how they work.

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

What about like one of those do it yourself Co2 bottle things? With the yeast and stuff? I don't know how they work.
Not a bad idea, but what variable do I change?

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Not a bad idea, but what variable do I change?
I don't really know, as I said I don't know how they work. It was just a idea that you could go with. Do some googling.

edit: dang that sounded mean....lol sorry wasn't. I fixed it...

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Maybe you could do some cultures? Like use a different source of yeast for each one and try to compare progress? Something like that. Don't ask me for tips though, i haven't branched into that one yet myself.

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

Since you already know this it would be easy. You could do what plants grow best without o2

Upvote 0

Willj626

You could experiment with fish attention span/memory and look at which species seems to be better at remembering (I saw this on Pinterest). Your hypothesis could be that "if I feed my fish using two small containers (thimbles or otherwise, one red and one blue, with only food in the red one while moving location each time, then my fish will remember the red and ignore the blue, because they will remember which brings food". You could do this in multiple tanks and see which fish seem to have a better memory.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

You could experiment with fish attention span/memory and look at which species seems to be better at remembering (I saw this on Pinterest). Your hypothesis could be that "if I feed my fish using two small containers (thimbles or otherwise, one red and one blue, with only food in the red one while moving location each time, then my fish will remember the red and ignore the blue, because they will remember which brings food". You could do this in multiple tanks and see which fish seem to have a better memory.
Great idea! That would be a good project for sure. I would be interested to see the results myself!

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Maybe do a presentation on the cycle?
That isn't really an expirement

Since you already know this it would be easy. You could do what plants grow best without o2
Maybe, but I would have have to get new plants.

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

That isn't really an expirement

Maybe, but I would have have to get new plants.
The school doesn’t know you already had certain plants

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Chewbacca773
Replies
Views
Revan
Replies
Views
Scoutsfish