Cool easy wet pet for 29 gal?

Sofiafish17

Hey everyone!
I posted a similar titled thread a while back, but now the situation has changed. I actually have a 29 gal with sand and a big driftwood centerpiece. It has a 20-50 gal power filter and an20-50 gal sponge filter running. It has no current stocking or planned stocking, so pretty close to a blank canvas. I already have the sand and driftwood on n there taking up a lot of floor space that I don’t want to get rid of. I want something a bit unusual, a bit harder/ more unique than my tetras, but nothing too crazy as I am a student, and a forgetful one at that. I want something I can interact with, kind of like a puffer but a bit more suited to my tank and a bit less work. I have already looked at dwarf cichlids and I don’t want to do them. I want something a moderately experienced fish keeper will think is cool, that is interactive and personable, easy to feed and not too hard to care for, and can live in what I have right now. Also readily available, and preferably nice bright colors but not required. Does such fish exist? Please give me some ideas!

MyFishAddiction

Imma say axolotl, but they aren't the easiest to care for/feed. And they would need to be upgraded in the future.

UmNick

I've found most of the Gouramis i have owned to be pretty interactive. Particularly three spots and pearls.

Sofiafish17

I have thought about an axolotl, but I don’t have much floor space for them, and they are not supposed to be housed on sand as they do eat it and it causes impaction. I have thought of 3 spot gourami as well but they like to be in small groups of like 3 and I just don’t think it’s enough space.

Mudminnow

Fishes that take their time looking at things before they act typically seem more personable to me. Therefore, I think of puffers, cichlids, and anabantids when I think of personable fishes.

You said you're not interested in puffers or dwarf cichlids, so I'd suggest looking at anabantids. One of my favorites for a tank your size would be honey gouramis.

Hellfishguy

Paradise fish are tough as nails , don’t require heaters & look amazing when fully grown. Their only downside is that they’re jumpers.

otterblue

Not unusual, but a betta does have the qualities of personality and colorfulness. You may also be able to find some corys you like to live with him.

Fiddler crabs are really interesting but need brackish water and some land.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jkkgron2
  • Question
Replies
Views
Xerces
  • Question
Replies
Views