Cool blue velvet molt

Utar

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I was wondering for shrimp do I need harder water. Last test I did my water has a ph 7.6, Kh 7, Gh 7.

OP
SanDiegoRedneck

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
Utar said:
I was wondering for shrimp do I need harder water. Last test I did my water has a ph 7.6, Kh 7, Gh 7.
For hardy shrimp like cherry would be ok. I have crazy hard water. I am now cutting my water slowly with distilled. Then in long run will re ad minerals. But I kept reds and blues at 8ph. 12gh and 7kh before I started lowering. BUT THEY WERE PURCHASED locally and bred in hard water.

I dont plan on lowering my cherry's that far. They don't need it.

So yes with hardy neocaridina you can.

But caradina need softer. Under 7 and closer to 3gh and 1kh

Utar

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ok thanks but I don't know anything about shrimp so when I decide to get some I probably want know if they are the right kind for my water or not. What I mean is the name neocaridina shrimp listed on the tank in the store.

OP
SanDiegoRedneck

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
Utar said:
Ok thanks but I don't know anything about shrimp so when I decide to get some I probably want know if they are the right kind for my water or not. What I mean is the name neocaridina shrimp listed on the tank in the store.
When your ready for shrimp hop on here and ask questions. People are always here to help.

Most shrimp you get from LFS will be neocaridina. This is the cherry, blue velvet, emerald jade, orange, yellow.

The caridina are the
Tigers
Crystal's
Bees
Kongs

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thats cool! Ive had some Amano molts that have looked like a dead shrimp sitting there too.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Utar said:
What youve got there is perfect for any cherry no need to touch it

New Threads