Convincing Parents For Bunny?

Fishlover245735
HI guys! I have been trying to convince my parents for a bunny for a while now! I made a slideshow printed out a ton of photos and sheets saying everthing I would do to care for the bunny, a list of the combined prices for keeping a bunny, everything! That was a few months ago... they said no because 1. A bunny lives a longer time and they didn’t want to care for it when I was away at college. 2. What would we do with it when we were traveling. And 3. They didn’t want another animal in the house because we have a puppy, fish, and chickens. I understand all their reasons and that a bunny was hard work , bet then today I was at the pet store and turned around and saw “the perfect bunny”! He is already neutered, 5 years old, loves snuggles and treats! His name is Flopsy! He is from the animal shelter a few hours away so I know he will get adopted soon... how can I convince my parents to let me get him? PLEASE HELP! And yes I know how much work a bunny is but I will do ALL of the work!

Fishcat
How much of the work do you do with the other animals? That’s what’s most likely to convince your parents that you will be responsible - seeing you be responsible. And there will always be another perfect rabbit to adopt, even if this one ends up with someone else.
Do you have a plan for when your family travels and for when you are at college? Most colleges, I believe, will not allow rabbits in the dorms.

Fishlover245735
Yes I clean both aquariums myself, every other week. I buy everything for my aquariums and buy the fish. I also help out with our puppy, I go to every training class with him, get him new toys and clean up after him.For what I will do with him when we travel, I have a neighbor who has already said he will come and take care of my fish and the bunny, if I get it while we are away, so yes I have a plan! I think my mom is more on board then my dad because my dad spent want any more wok to do or animals to care for.

Skavatar
I find our rabbit is less work than a dog or fish. but they have a point, if you're going away to college, or when yall go on vaca for more than a few days.

potty train it in its hutch for a few weeks. then let it out a few hours each day. then after a few weeks I just leave the door open 24/7. BUT you have to bunny proof the whole house. they will chew all your wires, shoes, wood furniture, and other things.

Fishlover245735
I have been really responsible lately and yes I know with a baby bunny, I will be gone before it passes away but this bunny is already 5 years old and I still have more time than that before I go off to college... I really want a bunny!

Oh also this bunny is already kennel trained and litter boxed trained!

Katie13
I kind of got stuck with mine, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I love her!

Fishlover245735

I really want a bunny!

Smalltownfishfriend
Here's my Murphy... They are fun. I don't keep mine in the house though, so I can not give potty training advice. Murphy loves being outside. He sits out of warm hutch in the middle of snow storms to catch the breeze!!lol but honestly, I remember when I was living at home, sometimes you just have to take no for the answer!!!
IMG_20181211_114556.jpg

Fishlover245735
Awwww! So cute! What is the best kind of breed to have outside? I think my parents would be happier having him outside then inside. Also how do you keep it warm enough for him outside?

Smalltownfishfriend
Fishlover245735 said:
Awwww! So cute! What is the best kind of breed to have outside? I think my parents would be happier having him outside then inside. Also how do you keep it warm enough for him outside?
He's a lion head lop mix. I have a well insulated hutch, I pile it full to the top with straw, they make little nests in it. I have the hutch under a sheltered area and I feed high protein fat diet in the winter. They do quite well outside for me!!

Fishlover245735
Ok thanks!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom