Convicts Tank Mates For A 30 Gallon?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A 30 gallon is going to be too small for a convict with running the risk of stunting and then death. Convicts will also kill anything you put in with them. I recommend getting rid of them when they are small, because no one will take them when they get older. They might seem peacful a few days and then they can turn overnight.

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would probably get a larger tank-at least a 55- for a convict. You would also be doing an SA only tank. If you have the room for a 55, South American tank are quite pretty though.

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I guess you could do a single convict in a 30 gallon, but it's always nice to have more room if you ever want to add more fish or once he gets to his maximum size. How large is he right now? Are you planning on getting any tank mates?

kaitlynnicole94

Reaction score
He's about 2 months old right now and currently in a tank with fish that he'll kill once he's big enough. All I have is an empty 30 gallon for him.

Last edited:

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm not saying don't put him in, i'm just saying think forward a little. Forward thinking is one of the most important parts of the hobby imo. If you don't plan on puting another big fish in the tank, go ahead and set it up

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom