Convict Cichlids and Crawdads? 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by st3vo28, Mar 31, 2010.

1. s

st3vo28 New Member Member

I have a 10 gallon fish tank that I just added 2 crawdads in. I also have a 20 gallon tank with some convicts. I was curious if I could put the 2 crawdads in the 20 gallon tank with the convicts? Will the convicts eat them?

If that is not an option...I have ~6 guppies that I plan on putting in the 10 gallon tank. Will the crawdads eat the guppies?

Is there a win win situation here?

Thanks.

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I think the crawdads will eat anything it can catch off guard :(
    but ive never kept them..im sure members that have can help more!

3. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Well, if you keep the crayfish in the 10, one will kill the other. they need 20 gallons per crayfish if keeping more than one in the same tank. A 10 is too small for one, though.

now, if you move them to the 20, the convicts will likely eat them during the molt. crayfish are comepletely defenseless and need a TIGHT spot to hide in until their shells harden.

crayfish will terrorize anything that spends time on the bottom, particularly when they are sleeping. crays tend to sneek up on their prey when they sleep.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice