Convict Cichlid

Lalaa

Hey guys,

so basically I had some convicts that had some babies. Only 3 survived. 2 females one male. My male convict is huge compared to the other ones and they are about 6 months.I know convicts are aggressive and that’s why I like them. So I know he was getting a bit too aggressive so I took out the female convicts and put them in their own tank. I put the male with a firemouth and a green Terror. They’ve been together For around 3 months. Today I left and I came home and noticed my fire mouth was dead. ... now I don’t know who did it but I have a feeling it was the convict because my green terror isn’t really aggressive but he can defend himself. So my question is do you think my male convict go in a tank by himself or should I leave him with the green terror.

NickGNz

How big is the tank?

Littlebudda

Need to know how big is the tank it could still be your terror if the tank is small the extra fish my have made it more territorial

Lalaa

My tank is a 50 gallon . I never had this issues before they’ve been in there minimum 3 months.
I have a 150 gallon I’m in the process of setting up I just don’t know if they are just going to kill any other fish I have

Littlebudda

50 gal is too small from those three fish, adding the convict could have caused territory issues with any one of them, I have a male convict who is a down right butthead showed aggression towards everything and everyone but once I put him in the 300 gal he settled right down he will occasionally chase a silver dollar but that’s all. Space is everything with American cichlids

Fishenthusiast123

In my point of view, convicts are pure evil. Mine is housed alone in a 30 gallon and its going to stay that way. If he's killed a firemouth already I wouldn't risk it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom