Convict Cichlid Personality?

FlameGourami

Hi
I kimda want a convict cichlid for my tank however ive heard they can be super aggressive when raising young and so was wondering if theyd be good if I kept one as a single in a tank with corys and MAYBE a few tetras?

A201

Keeping one Convict depends on the size of the tank. 29 gal. would be a minimum.
As long as there is plenty of hardscape, Cory Cats should be okay. Only big Tetras, Columbian, Bleeding Heart, Red Eye or Buenos Aires.
IMO a female Convict would be the best choice. A little smaller & prettier than males. Nice red blotch on the belly.

FlameGourami

A201 said:
Keeping one Convict depends on the size of the tank. 29 gal. would be a minimum.
As long as there is plenty of hardscape, Cory Cats should be okay. Only big Tetras, Columbian, Bleeding Heart, Red Eye or Buenos Aires.
IMO a female Convict would be the best choice. A little smaller & prettier than males. Nice red blotch on the belly.
Okay ill look into that then. Do u not think that a convict could live completely on its own with like no other species in a 25 gallon?

A201

I think you could make due with the Cories, Tetras & one convict in your 25 gal. as long as your weekly tank maintenence includes a 50% water change.
You likely would get bored watching a lone Convict.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom