Convict Cichlid, Firemouth Cichlid, Pleco Tank?

Tristan7042
Hello there,

i have some general questions about the 90 gallon Convict Cichlid, Fire Mouth Cichlid, Pleco tank im planning:

1. How many of each Cichlids could go into the tank (what would be ratio between them?) - I would rather go with a stocking thats comfortable and easy to manage... (ive seen many posts suggesting completely different things in different scenarios, so a concrete information would be lovely)
2. How many should i buy first?
--- >Do I have to buy the fish in intervals so the bioload isnt too heavy?
3. I have a Tetra EX 1200 plus installed (350g/hr) - i was thinking about a upgrade, maybe a extra hang on the back filter? Would that be necessary with the stocking im planning? Im planning on doing 2 water changes a week

Hope u guys could clear up some things for me. Thanks in advance.

A201
Firemouths do better in groups, a group of five has worked well for me.
Convicts are very prolific breeders. A mated pair would likely dominate much of the tank when nesting. The species are so common & easy to breed that Convict fry have no real monetary value.
Maybe stock a few female Convicts or get a pair of Salvini Cichlids. IMO a much better looking mid sized Central American Cichlid.

St3v3
Tristan7042 said:
Hello there,

i have some general questions about the 90 gallon Convict Cichlid, Fire Mouth Cichlid, Pleco tank im planning:

1. How many of each Cichlids could go into the tank (what would be ratio between them?) - I would rather go with a stocking thats comfortable and easy to manage... (ive seen many posts suggesting completely different things in different scenarios, so a concrete information would be lovely)
2. How many should i buy first?
--- >Do I have to buy the fish in intervals so the bioload isnt too heavy?
3. I have a Tetra EX 1200 plus installed (350g/hr) - i was thinking about a upgrade, maybe a extra hang on the back filter? Would that be necessary with the stocking im planning? Im planning on doing 2 water changes a week

Hope u guys could clear up some things for me. Thanks in advance.
Be careful with convicts I had a convict cichlid that was extremely aggressive that killed my largest firemouth and ripped an eye out of my pleco (which never fully recovered) I still do have my smaller firemouths and there fairly good fish.I wouldn't mix convicts and firemouths again though.Firemouths are way to friendly to be kept with convict cichlids.

Hellfishguy
Yellow convicts, Amatitlania nanolutea, would get along better with the firemouths. They're a lot less nasty than regular convicts & in my opinion, much more attractive.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom