Convict Being Moved Please Help With Tank Mates!

Discussion in 'Convict Cichlid' started by fishpersonallday, Jul 2, 2019.

1. fishpersonallday

fishpersonalldayNew MemberMember

Hello forum,
    I have a Convict, Green terror, and Blood Parrot in my 75 gallon (110 filtration) and I would like to move my convict to a 30 gallon long. I’m not even sure at this point if that is suitable for him but I hope it is because I cannot get a larger tank. I would like to move my convict because he is very shy. My green terror likes to chase (he finally stopped though) and my blood parrot laid eggs -.- so she will not let anyone cross her.
    I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas for stocking either of what will be, my lonely tanks. Thank you.

2. FishGirl38

FishGirl38Well Known MemberMember

If he's a smaller convict than the 30G should be fine. If he's got true convict genes though, and has grown about 6-7in long and maybe 4-5in tall, then the 30G is going to be a bit small but it'll work as a temporary separation tank. If he is bigger, than I wouldn't try to add tankmates to the 30L. If he's smaller, you could do other central/south american cichlids that don't get very large, examples include things like firemouth, salvini cichlids, aequidens curvicepts, and rainbow cichlids.