Convict agression issues

Chris123

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,748
Reaction score
10
Location
Great State of Michigan
Experience
4 years
I check the tank this morning and apparently there been some lip locking on both of my convicts and my males eye is pretty beat up.(and its cloudy for some reoson.)

I researched on cloudy eye and its says its caused by poor water quality but I checked my water and its just fine

Ive been doing water changes so I'm hope that it well help a bit

Any healing medications you can recomend
 

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
12,167
Reaction score
70
Location
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Experience
5 years
Good afternoon, CB! The crazy convicts! They just don't behave.

I've had my cons get into it on a few occasions. My best advice would be to separate them, treat the "victim" with garlic juice and vita-chem. With good water parameters, he should be healed up in a couple weeks. I don't use meds and they heal pretty quickly. I'd also increase his protein intake, like feed him more bloodworms, brine shrimp, those types of foods and not as much flake/pellets. The extra protein will help him heal as well.

Good luck and keep us posted.
 

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
22,715
Reaction score
194
Location
Rochester NH
Experience
More than 10 years
bolivianbaby said:
Good afternoon, CB! The crazy convicts! They just don't behave.

I've had my cons get into it on a few occasions. My best advice would be to separate them, treat the "victim" with garlic juice and vita-chem. With good water parameters, he should be healed up in a couple weeks. I don't use meds and they heal pretty quickly. I'd also increase his protein intake, like feed him more bloodworms, brine shrimp, those types of foods and not as much flake/pellets. The extra protein will help him heal as well.

Good luck and keep us posted.
+2 great advice!

those fish most deff live up to their name....goodluck CB!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4
OP
Chris123

Chris123

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,748
Reaction score
10
Location
Great State of Michigan
Experience
4 years
Thank you guys

Today I'm sorta seeing some improvement

I post pics when there fully healed

CB
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
Chris123

Chris123

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,748
Reaction score
10
Location
Great State of Michigan
Experience
4 years
Update:

There mouths are fully healed unfornanety we lost an eye in the process of healing. No signs of discomfort from him though

Thanks for the advice
 

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
12,167
Reaction score
70
Location
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Experience
5 years
Chris123 said:
Update:

There mouths are fully healed unfornanety we lost an eye in the process of healing. No signs of discomfort from him though

Thanks for the advice
I had a spawning pair of convicts attack my rainbow cichlid>. He now only has one eye, so I put him with my bloody parrots since they're slow getting food as well.

Your convict will learn to adjust. They're quite adaptable.
 

Treefork

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,052
Reaction score
20
Location
Northeast Indiana
Experience
More than 10 years
Awesome. Really though, his one eye is kind of fitting. Now he really looks like a convict who's lived a rough street life. He's got some street cred now.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #9
OP
Chris123

Chris123

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,748
Reaction score
10
Location
Great State of Michigan
Experience
4 years
Treefork said:
Awesome. Really though, his one eye is kind of fitting. Now he really looks like a convict who's lived a rough street life. He's got some street cred now.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
97
Guests online
1,933
Total visitors
2,030

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom