Converting tank to DI water with GH+? How to do it any has anyone used this liquid brand?

LiLBlueShrimpy22

Hi,

I have a 6 gal tank shrimp only that I started with spring water and water conditioner. Now I am hearing its much better for them to have ro/di water thats remineralized. My next tanks ill start them off this way, but for this one that I need to convert I'm nervous cuz they are my babies and I don't want anything bad to happen to them. The remineralizer and GH + is this brand Caridina GH+ by brightwell aquatics but its in liquid form, in all the world of YouTube they only show the powder.... :( I want to set up a 5 gallon bucket that is ready to go for water changes. An can i run into issues setting up a bucket like that?

Help! Going to be cleaning the tank and filter today.

Chanyi

What kind of shrimp are you keeping?
What is your substrate?
Do you know your degassed pH, KH and GH?

LiLBlueShrimpy22

6 blue bolts , 1 blue rili and a stubborn ghost shrimp, fluval and aqueon plant substrate, degassed??

LiLBlueShrimpy22

LiLBlueShrimpy22 said:
6 blue bolts , 1 blue rili and a stubborn ghost shrimp, fluval and aqueon plant substrate, degassed??
Chanyi said:
What kind of shrimp are you keeping?
What is your substrate?
Do you know your degassed pH, KH and GH?
Do you mean all the co2 has come out of the substrate??

Fae

I think they mean your parameters after your water has off-gassed and settled from a water change. Do you understand the redox cycle? (Not trying to be rude, just asking :) )

Chanyi

Degassed, meaning after the water has sat out with access to the atmosphere for 24 hours or so, and without any CO2 injected into it - This will be your true pH.

Looks like you have a buffering substrate, and 3 kinds of shrimp who like different water parameters ....

Bolts would like 0 degrees of KH and a moderate GH, 6 degrees or so, and the rhili would like a low KH around 1 degree, and a moderate GH.

Your substrate will try and strip the water of its KH and lower pH into the mid 6's. Not the best for rhili shrimp, but really good for bolts.

You can GH boost up to 6 degrees using the liquid product, either by following the directions if it came with decent ones, or by trial and error in a 5 gallon pail.

LiLBlueShrimpy22

Fae said:
I think they mean your parameters after your water has off-gassed and settled from a water change. Do you understand the redox cycle? (Not trying to be rude, just asking :) )
Redox is a new word to me... lol I do a water test before water change.. and sometimes right after... if not I take one Tuesday and bring one in to my LFS and have them put a 2nd set of eyes on it

Top Bottom