Converting 40 Breeder into 30 Breeder?

SotaAquatics

Has anyone ever converted a 40 gallon breeder into a 30 gallon breeder?

I will be moving my "temporary" fishroom into its new final fishroom starting by end of this year. Ideally I would like to be going three high with aquariums and my preferred footprint is the 40 breeder. Due to my basement ceiling height, I would have very very limited working space - roughly 6-7 inches above each tank going three tall. The ideal tank I want for the majority of the fish room would be 30 breeders, however they are next to impossible to find, not to mention they cost 120+ each. I can get 40 breeders for 50 bucks each during the petco quarterly sales.

I would like to remove the rim (intact), take the tank apart, cut off about 4 inches in height, and reassemble including putting the rim back on. I have to imagine getting the rim off intact is going to be the hardest part. Has anyone ever tried this or something similar? How successful was it? I am looking at doing this for about 24 tanks.

Thanks all!

LowConductivity

Been there, done that. Your assessment is correct. The hardest part is removing the trim. The rest of the work is just tedious

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MoshJosh
Replies
Views
qldmick
Replies
Views
Chalupacabra
Replies
Views